Can I get the image URLs?Absolutely. The image URLs are publicly available. Click here for more information.
What about the images?The images in their original resolutions may be subject to copyright, so we do not make them publicly available on our server.
How do I get a copy of the images?First you are always free to obtain the images by their URLs. Alternatively, if you are a researcher/educator who wish to have a copy of the original images for non-commercial research and/or educational use, we may provide you access through our site, under certain conditions and at our discretion. The details are as follows:
- Click the Download on the top-right of the screen, you will be guided to first create an ImageNet account, and then submit a "request" to us. You will be asked to provide your full name, organization and email address.
- We review your request. If we approve it, we will send you an email with a special link to verify your email address.
- You receive the email and visit the link to get your email verified. Then you are asked to agree to and sign the following terms of access:
- Researcher shall use the Database only for non-commercial research and educational purposes.
- Princeton University and Stanford University make no representations or warranties regarding the Database, including but not limited to warranties of non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Researcher accepts full responsibility for his or her use of the Database and shall defend and indemnify the ImageNet team, Princeton University, and Stanford University, including their employees, Trustees, officers and agents, against any and all claims arising from Researcher's use of the Database, including but not limited to Researcher's use of any copies of copyrighted images that he or she may create from the Database.
- Researcher may provide research associates and colleagues with access to the Database provided that they first agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Princeton University and Stanford University reserve the right to terminate Researcher's access to the Database at any time.
- If Researcher is employed by a for-profit, commercial entity, Researcher's employer shall also be bound by these terms and conditions, and Researcher hereby represents that he or she is fully authorized to enter into this agreement on behalf of such employer.
- The law of the State of New Jersey shall apply to all disputes under this agreement.
- If you agree to the terms above, you will be instantly granted access. Download links will be available to you if you are logged in. Go to the Download Origial Images in the Download page and you will see the detailed instructions.
[RESEARCHER_FULLNAME] (the "Researcher") has requested permission to use the ImageNet database (the "Database") at Princeton University and Stanford University. In exchange for such permission, Researcher hereby agrees to the following terms and conditions: